For nearly 40 years, AK Preparedness has been a pioneer of emergency preparedness services for office buildings, corporations, government agencies, schools, and residential properties. Using cutting-edge technology, we have changed the way the industry views emergency response plans and training.
AK is a small team of seasoned, innovative professionals producing the best tools and solutions in the marketplace. Enjoy the flexibility of a remote or hybrid workplace and other benefits such as IRA matching and a health stipend.
To apply for an open position, please submit a cover letter specific to the job posting along with a resume to email@example.com.
Current Job Openings
Sales Account Executive
AK Preparedness is looking for seasoned Sales Account Executives in New York, California, and Seattle. These positions provide new opportunities to secure new software and services engagements within a new territory as well as grow existing client relationships. We are looking for proven sales leaders with experience selling software and services to the corporate and/or real estate sectors and who will collaborate with the executive team to develop growth opportunities. Success could lead to increased responsibilities, including management of a sales organization.
AK Preparedness is a pioneering provider of emergency preparedness software and services for corporations, office buildings, government agencies, and residential properties. Through 40 years of innovation, the company has continuously changed how organizations reduce risk and costs through better emergency response planning, training, and software. The first company in the world to deploy virtual reality for life safety training and drills, AK remains the global leader in this sector. Its mobile app and other software tools are used throughout the US.
- Build and manage a new sales territory
- Manage sales cycle
- Generate proposals and agreements
- Follow up on leads as well as enhance value offerings with current clients
- Demonstrate AK’s software and services to senior-level executives at existing and prospective customers and partners
- Build and manage a sales pipeline, including sales database/CRM maintenance, with meetings, cold calling, and email correspondence
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Proven track record of over-achieving sales goals and constructing a new territory
- Experience selling software and services in an entrepreneurial environment
- A minimum of five years of experience selling technology services, software, and/or professional consulting services
- Record of success working independently in a remote office
- Demonstrated ability to close in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
AK Preparedness, a national leader in emergency planning, training, and technology, is looking for current or retired firefighters in the Puget Sound area to conduct live and live-but-remote life safety training for building staff, floor warden teams, and occupants. Must be a dynamic, engaging speaker/trainer willing to learn our established curricula.
This is a part-time position, ranging from one to ten trainings per month. The schedule is flexible. Occasional travel to Portland, California, or Denver is possible.
Experience with Microsoft Office and a high comfort level with basic computer operations required (exchanging files via Dropbox, adjusting PowerPoint files, Zoom/Teams meetings, etc).
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
AK Preparedness, a national leader in emergency planning and training, is looking for a New York-based Project Manager to oversee the production of emergency response plans and life safety programs.
Our project managers are responsible for managing long-term relationships with corporate and real estate clients in NYC and throughout the US. In addition to writing and maintaining emergency response plans, they coordinate the production of multiple complex deliverables (software, print guides, live training, and consulting services, video and virtual reality production, etc.), serving as the client’s single point of contact.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Several years of experience in project management
- Several years of experience in emergency preparedness planning or program management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Meticulous organizational skills
- The ability to work well both independently and with a large distributed team
- A commitment to AK’s core values: integrity, respect, collaboration, flexibility
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Familiarity with NYC fire and life safety regulations and/or a background in fire and life safety is a strong plus. This will be a primarily remote position, though regular meetings with clients in Manhattan and occasional travel to other cities are required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specific to this position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AK Preparedness, a Seattle-based national leader in emergency planning and training, is looking for a Training Coordinator to join our team. This position involves coordinating live training and drills delivered throughout the US and internationally.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with clients and AK staff to schedule training sessions, including setting up the Zoom/Teams sessions if conducted remotely
- Working closely with AK project managers and trainers
- Customizing PowerPoint presentation templates to reflect each building/client’s systems, staffing, and procedures
- Assisting with setups of online life safety training programs – helping to ensure supporting documentation and video programs are accurate and current
- Enhancing AK’s internal processes and documentation around training and drills
- Ensuring training sessions are properly documented in AK’s internal records
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of related work experience
- Proven attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint
- Experienced in exemplary customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Cooperative, reliable, and enjoys working with a dedicated team of professionals
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and CRM solutions a plus
- Comfortable learning new software and technologies (such as software administration tools, CRM programs, etc).
This is a flexible 32 to 40-hour per week position that requires working at least part-time from our office in Seattle (north Queen Anne). The salary range is $25 to $27.50 per hour depending on experience. AK offers a competitive compensation package including healthcare subsidies and a retirement account matching program. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Learn more about the products and solutions our company offers.