AK’s suite of four online and mobile applications provides real-time response instructions, simplify life safety training more convenient and accessible, streamline the administration of your life safety program, and reduce costs and risks. SafetyNet Prepare provides staff, occupants, floor wardens, and employees the ability to complete life safety training when convenient. The SafetyNet Respond application places individualized response instructions onto each user’s phone. SafetyNet Alert allows organizations to send thousands of emergency alerts in seconds. And SafetyNet VR allows buildings to conduct fire drills via a photo-realistic model of their facility.
Individualized response steps on everyone’s phone
For All Emergencies
Provide response procedures for as many scenarios you need, from active shooter events and bomb threats to earthquakes and tornados.
Role-based Response Steps
With SafetyNet Respond, everyone in your facility – engineers, property managers, security officers, floor wardens, occupants, parking attendants – has immediate access to their unique emergency response steps for every scenario. Define as many roles as you need.
Works When the Network’s Down
SafetyNet Respond works even when a mobile network connection is unavailable.
Building staff can quickly look up the response steps for all other building staff roles. If an engineer happens to be the only one on site, they can immediately check the tasks that the fire safety director needs to perform.
Simple and Cost-Effective Rapid Notification Software
Streamlined Emergency Communication
Timely communication is critical in any emergency. SafetyNet Alert allows organizations to notify thousands of recipients about an unfolding event simultaneously. Designed for speed and simplicity, SafetyNet Alert enables authorized users, via a mobile phone or desktop, to quickly select a message from a list of pre-written scripts, choose who will receive the message, and click send.
Online Life Safety Training
Convenient Online Training
AK’s online training system, SafetyNet, is the most efficient way to provide high-quality instruction to employees, occupants, floor wardens, and building staff. It allows trainees to take training where and when it’s most convenient – via phone, tablet, or desktop.
Your Central Safety Hub
Your SafetyNet page serves as a central hub for all life safety and security resources, bringing together:
- Access to a life safety training video
- Other building-specific life safety documents, such as emergency plan diagrams, reassembly area maps, a bomb threat checklist, etc.
- Emergency contact numbers
- A bibliography of other good online emergency preparedness resources
Tracking and Reporting
Managers have access to online admin tools where they can:
- Generate reports on training activity
- Export reports into Excel files
- Print warden rosters and mobility impaired rosters
- Edit test questions & answers
- Upload new documents and change phone numbers
Being able to track and report training life safety training activity is an important part of any risk management program.
Virtual Reality Fire Drills
As they go, drill participants can click on life safety equipment and building features to learn more – how to use a fire extinguisher or emergency phones in stairwells. VR drills can also include instruction provided by a firefighter once they arrive at their assembly area.
AK’s Virtual Reality Fire Drills allow facilities to conduct drills without requiring occupants to gather in stairwells or on relocation floors.
Using their smartphone, tablet, or desktop, occupants navigate a photo-realistic 3D model of the building. They can leave their suite, locate extinguishers and fire alarm pull stations, enter stairwells, and descend to their relocation floor or evacuate the building.
The Advantages of Virtual Reality Drills
- Convenience. Occupants can conduct their drills whenever convenient.
- Drill on Day One. New tenants and even new hires can participate in a fire drill on their first day in the building.
- Less Disruption. VR drills don’t require setting off alarms or asking tenants to leave their space.
- Documentation and Risk Management. AK’s VR drill system logs everyone who participates.
- Reduced Risk. VR drills eliminate potential accidents in stairwells
- Comfort. No more worry about running a drill during bad weather.
- Reduced Costs and Staff Time. Traditional fire drills require extensive staff time to plan and execute, as well as outside vendors.